Thursday, July 22, 2010

OMG!

That friggin' Usher song. It's killing me. My 6 year old. She hears the lyrics and sings the songs now. I'm not ready for this.

Her favorite: "honey got a booty like pow, pow, pow...honey got some boobies like wow, oh wow"...WTF?

OMG?

She cracks up laughing when it comes on. And we do both giggle. I mean she is knowledgeable. She knows the dealio. She's hip. She's Happnin'. She's cool like that. But I'm a mom now. Am I supposed to allow this type of content on my car radio?

Am I supposed to be THAT mother that doesn't allow crap like that in my house? I fucking curse like a smelly pirate hooker. How can I not let it in? I'd be a hypocrite.

So, the "radio be poppin poppin low." I guess. Right?

I can't NOT let her listen. I can just simply and calmly explain it when she asks. Just like I did when she asked where babies come from, or what happens when you die? Or, I could let Usher teach her..




Now, someone. Please help. How do I explain what a "Disco Stick" is?

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not raising kids right now.
    It seems like each generation wants to shock the previous. We're running out of shock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, the Gaga song would be more suggestive, IMO. But yeah....I had to explain when mine were younger what it was polite to sing and what wasn't. I'm sure a lot went unchecked due to my hearing loss and inability to understand the lyrics to songs I didn't care about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MISSED YOU!
    Sorry me .. blogging took a break .. and you came back!

    ReplyDelete

Is your laundry done?

Got something to air out?

Do me a favor...leave your e-mail so I can respond to ya!