Friday, August 1, 2008

How we fell in love....part three. Haiku Scouting.

(Click here for Part I, and Part II)

Haiku Friday

May of 2000
Our favorite place to eat
The corner table

Without me knowing...
You asked and I said, "OF COURSE!"
Are you kidding me?

It was so spark-ly!!!
Just what I've always wanted.
So very spark-ly.


Plan set in motion
Getting married in Napa
Place we fell in love

Scouting locations
Best time in February
to go to Napa

It's a good thing that
Queen of the Valley ER
Opened up for us

Who knew that mud baths
would send me to the ER
with UTI pain!

Gah!

The ER was closed
Turned the lights on just for us
Small Town Hospital

But we kept going
Only had a few short days
Even with no sleep

Visiting vineyards
So drunk, couldn't even eat
Always time for wine

My favorite place
Didn't do weddings, too bad
We'll keep looking though

Then we saw the church
We instantly fell in love
And the deal was sealed

This would be the best
experience of our lives
Our Napa Wedding

***
Go here or here for Mr.Linky (these 'kuers rock)...to add your own piece of artful writing.

To play along for Haiku Friday, follow these steps:

1. Write your own haiku on your blog. You can do one or many, all following a theme or just random. What’s a haiku, you ask? Click here.

2. Sign the Mister Linky at one of the above chickie's blogs with your name and the link to your haiku post (the specific post URL, not your generic blog URL). We will delete your link if it doesn’t go to a haiku. If you need help with this, contact Christina.

3. Pick up a Haiku Friday button to display on the post or in your sidebar by clicking the button above.

26 comments:

  1. Gorgeous ring! Gorgeous location.

    I am so spelling gorgeous wrong. Right?

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWW! That was a very romantic Haiku!
    (I always end up at the emergency room almost every time I've ever traveled, are you sure we're not related?) :)

    I love your ring! It's beautiful!

    And the church looks perfect!

    Will we get to see a wedding picture?.....(Fingers crossed!)

    I'm enjoying your romantic walk down memory lane. I'm a sucker for a good romance.

    P.S. I'm reading that new Emily Giffen book I told you that I wanted (several months ago) "Love the One You're With."
    It is good so far. I bought the new Sophie Kinsella "Remember Me" also, but I've not read it yet....I got them for my bed rest, but I haven't had the attention span to read until like 2 days ago.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your ring - i have the same exact setting !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the story! Love the ring!

    Ouch about the UTI - yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful way to share the love story, I love it, sorry about the UTI.
    My haiku is @ Mama Bear Writes, hope you'll pop in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely story. Great haiku. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet hiaku. Love the ring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Beautiful ring =) What a gorgeous place to be married.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your love story. Beautiful pics! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i loved my wedding,too! i feel so bad for people who say it wasn't a good day for whatever reason. your location was beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw!! Sweet! So sweet, so lovely how wonderful!
    Isn't it great when it's happy and good.
    The church looks beautiful, the ring stunning and the ER OUCH!!
    Thank you for sharing this and you did it brilliantly with your haiku!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally remember reading your other two posts and can't believe I didn't comment - must have been in lurker mode. Anyway, this is just beautiful! I love the haiku, the pictures, the love story, the wine, all of it. But a UTI from a mudbath? That sounds not at all pleasant...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful locale for your special day. I LOVE the Napa Valley. My husband's folks live near there, on the coast. Do you know Inverness, at Pt. Reyes National seashore?

    Thanks for stopping by my blog to comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice story! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful! The ring, napa, the church!!

    We went to Napa Valley for our honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was so sweet, and that sparkly??? Fabu!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful ring! Beautiful church! Huge thumb?

    What a fun reminisce. I wrote my first haiku today... you've inspired me and I'll have to try for a longer one next time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so cool! What a great way to tell your story.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cool! What a great way to tell your story.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your love story is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Um...I don't know if anyone told you, but there's a thumb in that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's fantastic ... and the fact that you made it all into haikus?

    Amazing.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love me some sparkly too.
    You did an excellent job getting a beautiful story into a haiku. (Well, except the UTI part. Ack. I had one of those once and hopefully NEVER again.)

    ReplyDelete

Is your laundry done?

Got something to air out?

Do me a favor...leave your e-mail so I can respond to ya!